In our Blast Fitness Lifestyle Club, we talk a lot about our ‘non-negotiables’. These are foods that we are not willing to give up (nor should you give up anything you love!) We know that restrictive dieting does not work in the long term so we must find ways to have our favourite foods to stay satisfied. I believe that gives us two options. You can either healthify your favourite recipes or find a way to not have them daily!
Well one of my non-negotiables is a good muffin! I got to business making a low-starch, moderate protein and full of flavour muffin. Here you go:
- 2 1/2 cups ground nuts (I used almonds, but you could try walnuts or pecans.)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup carrot grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!