This Kale, Carrot + Chicken bowl is exactly what I crave at the end of a long day in the fall. I shift to more warm foods during the colder months as it’s what satisfies me more than the crisp and crunchy salads I love during summer.
You’ll find this bowl is a super simple recipe that packs the perfect blend of fibre and protein with a tasty sauce on top. My daughter loves to eat it and I’ll often double the recipe so we both have leftovers for lunch the next day.
When I’m looking to increase my veggie intake (we do a 10 Day Veggie Challenge every few months in the Blast Fitness Coaching Club) this is one of the recipes that I make right away!
Be sure to checkout the original Whitewater Cooks cookbook for the original recipe for the Glory Bowl.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 kale leaves stems removed
- 1 zucchini (medium)
- 2 carrots
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp glory bowl dressing make your own or source the whitewater cooks pre-made option
- salt + pepper to taste
Glory Bowl Dressing from Whitewater Cooks
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place chicken breasts on top. Season each breast with the paprika, chili powder and dried oregano.
- Bake the chicken breasts in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until just fully cooked but still juicy inside.
- When there is about 10-15 minutes left for the chicken breasts to bake, add avocado oil to a large skillet at medium heat. Wash and chop the zucchini and carrots into bite sized pieces. Toss into skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Wash the kale leaves, remove the stems and cut kale into small bite sized pieces. A little smaller is better than too big for better palatability. Toss the kale into the skillet with the other veggies and cook until bright green and slightly wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let sit for a few minutes. Take the chicken out of the oven and allow to cool on a cutting board for 2-3 minutes. Chop the chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Assemble your bowls with 1 chicken breast and half the veggies in each bowl. Drizzle with whitewater cooks Glory Bowl dressing (homemade or store bought!) and enjoy.
- If you're making your own Glory Bowl dressing, this makes a lot which is great for leftovers. Simply put all ingredients together into a food processor and blend until well combined. Store in a mason jar in the fridge.