The ideal breakfast in my world happens on a lazy, sunny weekend morning when I’ve got all the time in the world to tinker away in the kitchen preparing a smorgasbord of all my favourite breakfast foods. But this is definitely not an every day reality in my world.
So I’ve got a handful of delicious and nutritious breakfast recipes up my sleeve for those mornings when I’ve got less than 5 minutes to prep my morning meal.
This is one of those forgiving recipes. You can use different nuts and seeds, different fruit combinations, frozen or fresh fruit, and warm or cold milk. This combination is my favourite and is packed full of fibre, protein and healthy omega 3 fats.
- 1/2 cup gluten free quick oats
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 whole walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- Assemble oats, blueberries, chia seeds, hemp hearts, coconut and walnuts into your favourite cereal bowl.
- Top with oat milk, cinnamon and honey and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow the oats to soak. Enjoy!